TGIF! Just so you know… I am addicted to salt & vinegar anything! Fries, chips, popcorn. I will try it on almost everything (maybe not chocolate). When I saw this recipe on Oh She Glows, I wanted to replicate it right away. I just did one little change. They came out so tasty! Now I need a bigger oven so I can make them continuously.
Crispy Salt & Vinegar Chickpeas
(adapted from Oh She Glows)
- 1 (15 oz can) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2/3 cups malt vinegar
- 1 tsp Coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place chickpeas and vinegar in a medium sized pot. Add a dash of sea salt.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425F.
- Carefully drain chickpeas.
- Place on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Massage with fingers until fully coated.
- Roast for 45 minutes, flipping once half way through. Keep a careful eye on them after 35 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t burn.
Serve as a high protein snack, or serve on top of salad for a tangy, salty crunch!